Burrard Bridge / Kitsilano Walking Tour
This walking tour offers some spectacular views from the vantage point of the Burrard Street bridge
This walking tour will delight you with some awesome views of Vancouver from the historic Burrard Street Bridge. The tour takes you over one side of the bridge when heading out of downtown and over the opposite side on the return leg. On the first leg you will enjoy spectacular views across English Bay, Sunset Beach and Vanier Park. Actually the picture on top this page is from the first part of the walk. On the return leg you'll have an excellent view of Granville Island and False Creek.
This walk leads you around Vanier Park and along Kitsilano Beach offering many more great views and perspectives. There are 3 attractions in Vanier park that you may want to consider visiting as part of this walk. They are the H.R. MacMillan Space Center Planetarium, the Museum of Vancouver and the Vancouver Maritime Museum. As you return along Cornwall Avenue, there are a number of places where you can catch a bite to eat or get some refreshments. If the entire walk is a little long for you, you can also catch a #2 or #22 bus eastbound along Cornwall to head back over the bridge into downtown Vancouver.
Our recommended Burrard Bridge / Kitsilano Walking Tour walking tour begins in downtown Vancouver at the north end of the Burrard Street Bridge. See the 'Getting There' section below for transit directions to the starting point. This walk is a 5.4 km round trip and would normally take under 1½ hours at a normal walking pace, but of course with stops to explore and soak up the scenery it will take longer. We suggest you allow a minimum of 2½ hours for the round trip.
- Make your way to either Burrard Station on the Expo Line or Yaletown-Roundhouse Station on the Canada Line and follow the directions in the 'Getting There' section below to get to the start of the walk.
- Walk southwest across the Burrard Bridge on the right hand side and enjoy the magnificent views of Sunset Beach, English Bay and Vanier Park.
- Once over the bridge go right on Chestnut St., then right again onto Whtye Ave. into Vanier Park. Nearby attractions: H.R. MacMillan Space Center and the Museum of Vancouver.
- Make your way counter-clockwise around Vanier Park continuing through Hadden Park back to Cornwall Ave. Nearby attractions: Vancouver Maritime Museum and Kits Beach.
- Go left (east) onto Cornwall Avenue and walk back to Burrard Street and cross over to the far side of Burrard at the light.
- Return back across on the east side of the Burrard Bridge to the starting point, this time enjoying the views of Granville Island and False Creek below.