Toronto's Best Shopping
Below you will find information about Toronto shopping centres that are close to the subway along with a number of exclusive and ethnic neighbourhoods that each provide a unique and vibrant shopping experience
Make your way to any of the following Toronto neighbourhoods on public transit and start exploring the many unique and interesting ethic shops and boutiques.
- Chinatown: For inexpensive trinkets, bargains and Chinese merchandise check out the Toronto's historic Chinatown.
- Distillery Historic District: You will find a number of art studios and exclusive boutiques in this pedestrian friendly historic neighbourhood.
- GreekTown: Check out the numerous shops and services along Danforth Avenue in GreekTown.
- Little India: Don't miss the Gerrard India Bazaar along Gerrard Street in what is known as Little India. It features North America's largest South Asian marketplace. The many colourful shops here are open until 9 pm each night.
- Little Italy: If you are looking for some Italian goods and services the many shops along College Street in Little Italy are at your service.
- Yorkville: Yorkville is an upscale neighbourhood that is home to flagship stores for many major retail chains. You will also find many exclusive shops and boutiques here selling everything from top designer fashions, to art and antiques.
If want something to do on an inclement day check out the 100s of shops and services in Toronto's extensive underground PATH.
- PATH: The PATH a huge underground network connected to over 1000 Toronto shops and services.
For larger Toronto shopping malls that are close to the subway check out any of the following.
- Dufferin Mall
- Eaton Centre (Downtown Toronto)
- Fairview Mall
- The Path (Underground Toronto)
- Shoppers World (Danforth)
- Scarborough Town Centre--(Scarborough)
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre
While not close to the subway Pacific Mall is a tourist attraction in its own rite and it is easy to get to with a combination of subway and bus. It is North America's largest indoor Asian mall and definitely provides a shopping experience that is unique from the usual mall scene.